Clean Eating French Toast
Clean Eating French Toast (Our families favorite!) – Recipe originally from “Homemade for Elle”.
- 2 Eggs, organic
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 8 slices Whole wheat or whole grain bread (We like to buy the cinnamon bread from the bakery)
- 2 tbsp Butter, organic
- 1/2 cup Whole milk, organic
Optional ingredients/toppings :
- Sliced Bananas
- Sauteed Apples
- Sliced Peaches
- Real Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Place one slice of bread at a time into the egg mixture and soak until partially saturated, but not soggy.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Place bread into the pan, not over crowding, and cook until browned on both sides.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and add any desired toppings.