Out of Office Hours & Home Remedies
Have you ever had an urgent case where you are were in pain and needed care, but it was a weekend or a holiday?
Many people have found themselves in this situation without knowing what to do or where to go. Here are Elk River Chiropractic we do our best to go above and beyond to make sure that if you find yourself in a situation like this you know we are here to help any way we can. We always make it a priority to have an open line of communication between you and the doctor through his personal phone number. Our theory is that we can’t help people if we aren’t available to do so. This idea goes not only for weekends and holidays but also during normal days of the week but outside normal business hours. We believe that if we are not available, we will let you know otherwise we will do everything we can to get you treated an on the path to less pain and a healthier life.
In the occasion that we are unable to see you out of normal business hours here are a few things you can do to help minimize pain and discomfort.
- Take a hot Epsom salt bath. This helps to relax the muscles, sooth sore or achy muscles and joints, and relieve tension and stress.
- Deep relief is an essential oil roller that is all natural and works well to alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. It is a product of young living and can be purchased at the clinic or by any other young living representative. The combination of oils used are specific to help reduce inflammation, decrease pain, and relax muscles.
- Peppermint oil over the area of pain has been shown to have pain relieving properties.
- Ice the area of pain if acute trauma or severe. The ice will help to reduce the pain and inflammation. It will also help to numb the area. Be aware that ice an at times cause the muscles to tighten up.
- Heat the area of pain if the trauma is a tight muscle or a chronic pain. Heat is used to reduce tension and tightness but can potentially increase inflammation.
- Kinesiology tape is a great tool that can be used in the clinic and at home. It provides support to the muscles and joints without causing limitation to the range of motion. The tape lifts small segments of the skin on the applied areas sending a neurological signal to the brain to decrease inflammation, increase lymphatic drainage, and impacts the bodies sensory receptors.
- Stopain is a topical that helps to relieve muscle tension, reduce pain and inflammation, and will help to get over the pain faster. If Stopain is not available you can also use biofreeze, tigerbalm, or other topicals like these.
If you find yourself in pain and it is outside of our business hours, a weekend, or a holiday don’t ever hesitate to call our office or the Doctors direct number to see if we are able to get you in for an emergency appointment.